this week I spent most of my time researching projectors and the technicalities that are going to go into the large scale projections, I spoke with photo Joe who said that the projectors that are available through the university are not powerful enough to project onto buildings, and that the ones that might be powerful enough run at about $10,000! so I’ve scheduled some meetings to explore other possibilities of getting around that cost. i’ve found that its not going to be an easy task, and will require lots of research.
this week I also explored the possibilities of photo-transfer and plan on exploring that more. Hannah asked if all the images Im using are my own, yes they are. they are all photographs I have taken over the years. in terms of some being more successful than others, im not sure, i dont think any of them are quite finished yet. I plan on developing them more, going mack and working into them.. and then projecting those images. I think how successful they are depends on the finished product, whether its the finished painting or the projected image. I only see them as a series in the form of collages together, but when projected, I imagine them to be independent experiences.
this week I plan on developing these collages, working more, i am waiting to hear back from a few people to further ideas and I want to start experimenting with projectors.